Under the direction of the Medical Imaging Manager, the Mammography Charge Technologist will plan, organize, coordinate and control the work of the Mammography department. They will be responsible for organizing; assessing daily staffing requirements and ensuring that all work of assigned staff meets established quality standards. They will act as the Navigator for the Breast Assessment Program affiliated with Cancer Care Ontario and will act as the OBSP High Risk Navigator. The Charge will oversee and/or perform patient procedures and quality control tests related to the Mammography unit as well as annually review and implement procedures and protocols. They will act as the clinical specialist in this area, and make recommendations or decisions on the unit’s budget estimate and monitor the unit’s expenditures against the budget estimate. The Charge technologist will be responsible for the OBSP Program, CAR Accreditation both of which are affiliated with Cancer Care Ontario. They will also be responsible for maintaining and implementing other Accreditation requirements as they relate to Mammography.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years as a Mammography Technologist
- Continual Update of 15 Hours of Mammography Courses over 3 years period
- Clinical Breast Imaging Certificate
- Certificate in “Patient Navigation” or equivalent.
- Exceptional Communication Skills- to evaluate, assess, appropriately respond and counsel BAP client’s as needed to fit their individual needs, maintaining dignity, empathy and respect.
- Possess an awareness of community resources offered to Cancer patients throughout Grey and Bruce. Provides the link to said resources.
- Concentration-Accuracy in the C.A.R. Quality Control Program. Ability to prioritize a technical multitask environment with frequent interruptions.
- Effectively demonstrates work as a team player (accountable, professional in approach and self-motivated)
- Good conflict resolution abilities and has the confidence to refer matters to managers as necessary. Must be able to respond to a variety of emotional, psycho-social needs with BAP clients on a daily basis.
- Ability to contribute as a member of the program team and the practicing values of GBHS. Shares expertise and knowledge while participating on committees and other teams throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function effectively in a busy environment
- Must be sensitive to multicultural clientele, utilizing strong interpersonal customer communication skills.
- Ability to work all shifts, including weekends; ability for multi-site coverage when required
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance records
- Adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ‘LEAD’ Competencies (Lead by example, Empower, Achieve results, Develop others) and a commitment to a safe workplace free of violence and harassment
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
Posting Date: 2022-03-18
Closing Date: 2021-03-24