Reporting to the Manager of Interprofessional Practice, the Clinical Dietitian works within his/her scope of practice in an interprofessional team environment to coordinate all phases of nutrition care. This includes nutrition assessment, care planning, education and monitoring of patients. The Clinical Dietitian acts as a consultant and resource for other health care professionals with regards to nutritional care and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited Internship/Masters Dietetic Practicum Program
- General member with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Two years of recent related experience in hospital practice setting; medicine, surgery, critical care or peadiatrics experience would be preferred
- Knowledge and experience using the nutrition care process
- Knowledge and experience in Subjective Global Assessment and the diagnosis and treatment of malnutrition
- Knowledge and experience in dysphagia assessment and recommending texture modified diets
- Knowledge and experience developing care plans for enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Knowledge and experience in evaluating biochemical lab data and adjusting nutrition care plan accordingly
- Excellent professional judgment, conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills with patients, families, team members, students and community partners.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional able to work effectively and collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team as well as families and community partners
- Available for a 7-day rotation and site rotation
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance records
- Adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ‘LEAD’ Competencies (Lead by example, Empower, Achieve results, Develop others) and a commitment to a safe workplace free of violence and harassment
Posting Date: 2022-08-09
Closing Date: 2022-08-15