Reporting to the Manager of Rehab & Stroke, the Department Secretary provides support to the Owen Sound Surgical, Women & Child and Rehab/Stroke programs. The Department Secretary will provide management for a broad range of responsibilities, including supporting the departments and unit programs. This role requires flexibility, creativity and the desire to be part of a strong and supportive team. The ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines is required. The Department Secretary balances multiple responsibilities and has effective critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills. The Department Secretary has a professional customer service orientation to represent the corporation and liaise with the public, staff and visitors.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- Secondary School diploma with relevant experience in administrative/secretarial experience or post-secondary business/office administration education diploma.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Client-service focused
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Typing – 45 w.p.m. (to be tested)
- Computer skills, including use of Windows, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and MediPay (Word and Excel to be tested)
- Experience with minute-taking for meetings
- Demonstrated ability in the following competencies: customer service, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, initiative and accountability, flexibility and adaptability
- Recent satisfactory attendance and performance records
- Adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ‘LEAD’ Competencies (Lead by example, Empower, Achieve results, Develop others) and a commitment to a safe workplace free of violence and harassment
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
Posting Date: 2022-06-22
Closing Date: 2022-06-28