Full-Time, Temporary (Approx. 15 Months)
Reporting to the Manager of Allied Health, the Physiotherapist assesses patients, plans and carries out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical deconditioning in patients.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Excellent professional judgment, conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills with patients, families, team members, students and community partners.
- Competence in the practice of evidence-based Physiotherapy and inter professional care, with experience in the application of practice models and outcome measures.
- Experience with adult medical population.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Teach Back and other Principles of Adult Learning.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, analytical thinking and initiative
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Availability to work all shifts, including weekends and standby, multi-site coverage when required
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance records
- Adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) and ‘LEAD’ Competencies (Lead by example, Empower, Achieve results, Develop others) and a commitment to a safe workplace free of violence and harassment
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
Posting Date: 2022-07-13
Closing Date: 2022-07-19