Reporting to the Manager, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the promotion of health and the assessment of, the provision of care of, and the treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means to adults with cancer and occasionally children with cancer, in order to attain or maintain optimal function.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS
- Medical Oncology and Palliative Care nursing experience within the last 2 years
- 2 years recent oncology outpatient clinic experience
- Successful completion of Oncology Certificate Program or willingness to obtain within 18 months
- Completion of Canadian Nurses Association Certificate in Oncology (CON©) or willingness to obtain within 3 -5 years
- Completion of Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Course- deSouza Institute or accredited equivalent or willingness to obtain within 1 year
- Knowledge of chemotherapy drug protocols, toxicities, and symptom management.
- Knowledge of Central Venous Access devices including; Port-a-cath, Hickman, and PICC
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with patients, families and other healthcare professionals.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous professional development and continuing education
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance records
- Knowledge of and adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
Posting Date: 2020-09-18
Closing Date: 2020-09-24