Current Visitor Policy
Virtual Visits Can I arrange a Virtual Visit? Yes. Grey Bruce Health Services is offering patients and their loved ones with free access to virtual visits. We will help set up the visit and will provide the patient with a GBHS iPad to use for the call. Virtual visits can be initiated by the family or friend of the patient and are not intended for clinical use.Do I need to do anything before a Virtual Visit?
Virtual Visits are accessed through an easy-to-use app either Zoom or FaceTime. Family and friends must have the following in place in order to connect with the patient:
- An email address
- A computer with a camera and microphone (either external or built in) OR a smartphone or tablet (with Zoom or FaceTime downloaded and installed)
- Permission from the patient for the Virtual Visit to occur.
How does the Virtual Visit work?
- Family or friends can request a Virtual Visit by using our online booking system and selecting the available day/time available. Please include the patient’s name and room number when booking.
- The family/friend will be sent an email with the confirmed date and time and instructions on how to connect. We recommend that the link be tested beforehand; this will be outlined in the instructions sent.
- At the time of the visit, we will bring an iPad to the patient and help the individual connect to the Virtual Visit.
Click Here to Book a Virtual Visit. If you have any questions please contact Patient Relations at 519-376-2121, Ext. 2308.