Grey Bruce Health Services operates six hospitals in the region serving a population of approximately 170,000. Our vision is to offer quality health care close to home. The hospital in Southampton houses 16 inpatient beds and offers a range of ambulatory and day surgery services. The ER and lab will undergo a significant expansion beginning in 2015. We look forward to growing our team of physicians
- Supported by a dedicated team of family physicians, we plan to strengthen our emergency services with the addition of 2.0 full-time physicians. This will bring our full-time complement of Emergency Medicine Physicians to 4.0 FTEs.
- We offer 11 hour day shifts and 13 hour night shifts, with flexible scheduling.
- Our Emergency Department is serviced 24 hours a day, with reliable back-up call.
- The ER sees approximately 15,000 visits per year.
- There is excellent specialty support at our Level 2 regional referral centre in Owen Sound, located only 30 minutes away.
- Comprehensive diagnostic imaging (CT, MRI, PACS capability)
- Consultant specialists in Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Oncology, Pathology, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry
- Surgical services, including General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Urology and ENT
- Interested candidates should be a CCFP (EM) or CCFP with extensive ER experience.
- Independent license to practice in Ontario.
- Alternate Payment Plan
- Competitive hourly rate and a percentage of shadow billings
- HOCC allowance
- Relocation allowance and other full-time recruitment incentives.
To learn more about Grey Bruce Health Services, please visit: http://www.gbhs.on.ca/
The hospital in Southampton is located on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron in Bruce County. To learn more about this area, go to: www.visitsouthampton.ca
Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Emergency Department:
Our local Emergency Department physicians provide 24/7 coverage for the GBHS – Owen Sound site while also operating as the regional base hospital for EMS services.
The Owen Sound site offers 24/7 extensive multidisciplinary back up for the entire region as well as in house 24 hour laboratory and radiology services including CT and MRI.
As the district stroke centre we also operate as the stroke bypass centre for the entire Grey-Bruce region.
In addition, GBHS also operates emergency departments in all 5 regional sites (Meaford, Markdale, Lion’s Head, Southampton, Wiarton) with 24 hour service provided by local physician groups.
If you are interested in this position please contact:
Trish Herrick, Director of Medical Affairs
Phone #: (519) 376-2121